Push My Buttons!
What is the Push My Buttons project?
Did you know your room or office is heated and cooled all day and night, whether you are there or not?
This wastes a lot of energy!
Push My Buttons is an initiative to promote energy conservation at UNC Asheville by allowing your room to get a little warmer in the summer and a little cooler in the winter. Students, faculty and staff can elect to have their thermostat programmed to Energy Savings Mode, which will expand the temperature setpoints to 65° for heating and 78° for cooling. When someone is present in their office or residential suite, they can easily reset the temperature controls back to the normal mode by pushing the button on the side of their thermostat.
How does it work?
- Once everyone in your room or suite is signed up, PUSH MY BUTTONS begins!
- Your thermostat settings will go into Energy Savings Mode. This means that the temperature of your room will be slightly warmer in the summer (78°) and slightly cooler in the winter (65°).
- When you’re in your room, Push the BUTTON on the side of your thermostat.
- Pushing the button lights the red “Occupied” light and sets your temperature to normal settings for 1 hour.
- Pushing the button additional times will add hours to the clock, up to a maximum of 8 hours total.
- Holding the button for 5 seconds returns your system back to Energy Saving Mode.
How can I sign up?
Please click the appropriate link below to get started.
For temperature issues, or to opt out at any time,
email Norm Richards in Facilities Management.
Last edited by email@example.com on November 29, 2011